About Mikal.FM | Business + Design + Being.
MikalFM (Mikal Lewis) is a design + business strategist at Microsoft, currently exploring philosophy, social and cognitive sciences for new approaches to technology experiences. This is a semi-monthly archive of hypothesis and findings from research and experiences. Learn more
Most Recent Musings
- The First Rule of Business
- Every company should adopt this as their first principle: If the cost difference is neglible, and it saves the company time or resources. Do the thing that is most benefitial to customers. Simply put: Tie goes to the customer. Think of all the debates you’ll save. Read more – ‘The First Rule of Business’.
- Create less crap. Create more awesome.
- Success is preparation. As a result of preparation we recognize opportunities when they come near, like old acquaintances, familiar with a lot of catching up to do. Everyday your management and colleagues make decisions, schedule meetings, and buy and sell ideas; without your input. These opportunities are “lost” because you weren’t invited to the dance. [...] Read more – ‘Create less crap. Create more awesome.’.
- The Protagonist is You: Using Storytelling to Solve Business and Life Challenges
- Tell me if you’ve heard this one before. You have signed up to deliver the improbable, your project is tracking better than you expected and against improbably odds you might even pull it off – if only you can figure out what to do next. This is a blog post about stories and the noesis [...] Read more – ‘The Protagonist is You: Using Storytelling to Solve Business and Life Challenges’.